Sunday, March 28, 2010

layers of life


The Sweet Life is like these ranunculus, no matter which angle or how closely analyzed, it is still beautiful, colorful, and made up of many layers. This new blog I am beginning will be a compilation of thoughts and rambles, photography, recipies, and whatever else pops into my head.

I picked up these beautiful flowers from The Flower Fields in Carlsbad, where you can tour the fields of beautiful flowers or if you're like me just pick some already cut flowers and a boat load of super sweet strawberries. The strawberries seemed to dissapear much quicker than expected (hey I need something to keep my life sweet!) whereas the ranunculus are still going strong. When I purchased them I was told to pick out a bunch with a lot of tight buds and when I got home to put them in cold sugar water and replace this water every 3 days, and that they should last 2 weeks if I did this. I have done just this and they not only opened up very nicely and at great pace to be able to enjoy but they are lasting!


Life is just wonderful right now in sunny San Diego, it's warm and sunny out, my patio garden is planted (more on that later), babies are "cooking" (no not mine!), I've rediscovered yoga and it's wonderful benefits, and am starting to return to work in less pain than before! This is my favorite time of the year! My creative juices, desire to do more outside/travel and make my life better is always consuming my mind this time of the year. Stay tuned for more of Sara's Sweet Life, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment